Yanagisawa BWO20 Baritone Saxophone - Bronze
10% deposit of £747.00
9 monthly payments of £747.00
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £747.00
24 monthly payments of £294.33
Finance charges apply
The WO series for baritone is here! Yanagisawa have refreshed their range and made improvements to their already highly regarded baritones. The BWO20 is their top-level bronze model and it brings us some adjustments in intonation and further advances in key mechanism and layout. The best has just got better!!
The BWO20 is considered one of Yanagisawa’s ‘Elite’ models, and in practicality this means that there are some refinements in mechanism beyond what is available through the BWO1 and 2 models. Firstly, the BWO20 includes a ‘fully ribbed’ construction – this means that there are strips of brass soldered on to the body of the sax, on to which the various pillars are then soft soldered themselves. This gives added ‘body’ to the tone, while offering even further solidarity of design. Secondly, the Elite series offers double arms on the lowest and most vulnerable keys, again adding stability to the set-up.
Now let’s take a look at the improvements that Yanagisawa have made with regards to key mechanism.
1. Change to the angle of the right little finger keys for smoother fingering.
2. Set of ‘feet’ underneath the side Bb & C levers – plus an optimisation in the mechanical side of producing these notes.
3. Newly designed Low A thumb key for smoother fingering.
4. Repositioning of the strap ring for easier playing.
5. Newly designed right-hand key guard exclusive to the new baritones. This protects the player from getting their trousers caught in the mechanics, when balancing the bell section on this area!
6. Redesigned upper bow brace for a stylish look!
Secondly, there are adjustments to sound and intonation:
1. Readjustment of tone-holes sizes and positions for better intonation.
2. Addition of a plate on the front of the neck pipe for a ‘tightening of the sound from middle to high register’.
And finally, there is a newly designed case, offering much more practicality over the previous model. In-line with the altos and tenors, it is now a back-pack style design! However, for baritone they have included some beautifully designed and slickly inset wheels, essential for any baritone player out on the road! This case also has much more pocket space to store one’s accessories.
• Material: Bronze
• Finish: Clear Lacquer
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Yanagisawa
• Engraving: Engraved
• Case: New stylish case with Backpack Straps
• Mouthpiece: Yanagisawa Hard Rubber
• Made in: Japan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Advancing students, professionals
Could this be the best modern baritone in the world?! The bronze fully ribbed construction gives off the most exquisite and pleasing sound imaginable. Okay, it’s true, I’m not a baritone player, but you pick this beast up and give it some stick, everything becomes easy! I think that Yanagisawa’s attention to detail when it comes to improving something that has been considered an industry leading baritone for years is admirable. I find their entire WO series of baritones an absolute joy to play – the sound is the most responsive of all baritones I’ve ever tried; playing down through to the lowest register feels like an effortless process, and mechanically it is a dream! You can’t really ask for more. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.