Yanagisawa AWO1 Alto Saxophone - Gold Lacquer
10% deposit of £229.50
9 monthly payments of £229.50
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £229.50
24 monthly payments of £90.43
Finance charges apply
Upgrade now to your first professional quality sax.
The AWO1 is the upgraded replacement for the legendary A901 series. This AWO1 brass model is as suitable for aspiring beginners as for experienced professionals.
Yanagisawa saxes are made by a small family company in Japan who only make professional quality saxes, and they do it very well. This degree of focus means they are of a quality that even their main competitors recognise as the best. Here at Sax.co our technicians love them as they play straight out of the box and they are by far the most reliable instruments we sell.
The Yanagisawa A901 achieved "classic" status over the past 30 years as a remarkable sax for the price and a leader in its class. With superlative Japanese design and build quality it only ever really had one serious competitor, also from Japan. The best just got better with this new upgraded AWO1 model.
The AWO1 has an even stronger tonal core thanks to a re-engineered bore and tone holes, plus many upgraded feature such as:
Front F Key
A new redesigned front F key for a better feel.
Right Side Key
Additional feet under the right side key levers (B, C and high E) for a better touch.
Right Pinky Key
New pinky key angle for smoother fingering.
Exquisite new hand engraving.
New Neck Plate
An additional neck plate for tightening the sound.
Palm Key plate
New palm key plate for added high range resonance, acoustic depth and projection across all register, and exceptional tonal stability.
Teflon octave system
Both ends of the octave key axis rotate in a receptacle that is coated with teflon to insure a smooth operation every time
Rocking table mechanism
The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches
F-auxiliary key mechanism
Insures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low range of the saxophone
"Indented" white shell keys
A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shells also enhance the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages
Pointed pivot screw
The pivot screws that are used have a pointed end which facilitates an accurate center and precise action
Air-tight waterproof pad
The pads are completely air-tight which supports stability in playing and their life is extended thanks to being waterproof
Blue steel springs
Blue steel springs give the player quick response and are more resilient than stainless steel (they also last much longer)
Tri-point balanced bell brace
The bell and the body of the saxophone are securely connected by a tri-point balanced bell brace
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Gold lacquered
• Key Touches: White mother of pearl
• Neck: Yanagisawa
• Engraving: Hand engraved
• Case: Yanagisawa, rectangular back-pack style
• Mouthpiece: Yanagisawa Ebonite 5CR
• Made in: Japan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Advancing students, professionals on a budget
"Yanagisawa have managed to raise the quality of their instruments another notch, with the introduction of the WO series.
The sound delivery of any Yani horn has always been one of richness and smoothness, while remaining free blowing throughout. This quality remains in place on the WO horns but there is an extra degree of warmth and just a little extra focus over and above the old brass models. I’m sure this must be largely due to the change of brass on the AWO1 and AWO10 models.
As for the bronze models, there is less of a discernable difference tonally but ergonomically all of the range has benefited from tweaks within the mechanism and key-work. These are lovely new horns." - Jim (Sax.co.uk)
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we aim to deliver the following business day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.