Yamaha YTS-82Z Atelier - Tenor Saxophone
10% deposit of £489.90
9 monthly payments of £489.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £489.90
24 monthly payments of £193.03
Finance charges apply
Introducing the new Atelier Custom saxes from Yamaha! These are very special limited-edition models, based on the popular 82Z custom sax, but bringing you another level of refinement!
There are several features to point out on this limited-edition sax, and really, they should be described as variances on the standard YTS 82Z model. The sax is available in either a wonderful umber lacquer, or unlacquered. Crucially, Yamaha are using their most narrow bored and tapered C1 neck (as opposed to a V1) and this helps to focus the sound more, as well as make it more free blowing; The next most obvious change is that Yamaha are using an over-sized neck adjustment screw. Much acoustic testing has been done when it comes to adding mass and metal to this ‘weak nodal area’ on saxophones, and it’s normally found that this increased mass helps to cure these problems, as well as add an overall layer of increased resonance to the sound. There is also the option of having each finish with or without top F#, depending on the player’s preferences. Beyond this, there are a few ergonomic alterations – independent key pillars on the right stack, the original bell to body ring design, and a lighter weight thumb rest!
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Umber Lacquered
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Yamaha C1
• Engraving: Engraved with special design
• Case: Shaped Case with Backpack Straps
• Mouthpiece: Custom 4C
• Made in: Japan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Serious amatuers or professionals
"Yamaha have produced a corker here! It clearly feels like an 82Z, but it’s like there’s an extra degree of refinement all round – the ease of blowing, the big dynamic range and a slightly darker and more sumptuous tone. Personally, I love the idea of a non-F# model as I never use this key anyway, so the sax is not only lighter but there is no extra tone hole at this crucial air-flow point on the horn! I can see why they’ve gone for the C1 as opposed to the V1 (really this is the biggest and most significant change) and that is that the sound focuses, becomes freer, and slightly darker. If you are perhaps chasing more of a vintage sentiment, but want the playability, ergonomics and reliability of a Yamaha, this is the horn for you!" - Jim Cheek (Sax.co.uk)
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.