Yamaha YTS-62 - Sax.co.uk Custom Shop - Tenor Saxophone
10% deposit of £329.90
9 monthly payments of £329.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £329.90
24 monthly payments of £129.98
Finance charges apply
The Yamaha YTS 62 is a modern day classic that meets the demands of many professional players. This Custom Shop model is fitted with premium Roo pads and Maestro resonators, offering a significant extra element of projection over the more traditional sound of plastic resonators. It has also been fitted with a stunning set of Dark Coffee touchpieces to compliment its burgundy felts and has benefited from a full Custom Shop Pro set-up.
•COMPLETE CUSTOM SHOP SWITCH TO ROO PADS WITH MAESTRO AIR-TIGHT RESONATORS
• RooPads reduce pad noise
• RooPads offer a firm professional feel
• RooPads leather is the most durable
• Maestro resonators offer a 3D surface area for increased projection. We hand select the closest size resonator for each tone hole, maximising the projection level even further. Metal reflectors greatly increase the projection level compared with plastic resonators. Maestro resonators are amongst the most advanced of resonators and will help you to cut through in the most demanding situations.
HAND MADE PEARLS
• Hand-cut & engineered in our own workshops
• Multiple colour options, including beautiful two-tone swirling effects
• Flat cut for more instant playing response
• Highly polished for maximum visual impact
CUSTOM SHOP SET-UP
• Whilst being stripped for re-padding, Custom Shop saxes benefit from a hand rebuild and meticulous set-up to the highest standard
• Overall action lightened and optimised to create an effortless feeling, particularly when playing technical passages
ERGONOMIC HEAVY MASS NECK SCREW
• Hand-crafted, ergonomic alternative to the flat sided screw. Much acoustic testing has been done when it comes to adding mass and metal to this ‘weak nodal area’ on saxophones, and it’s normally found that this increased mass helps to cure these problems, as well as add an overall layer of increased resonance to the sound.
Jim Cheek on Custom Shop saxes:
As soon as the idea of launching a Sax.co Custom Shop project came into being I immediately knew this concept would be a sure-fire winner! The possibilities are, perhaps not endless, but certainly on a level whereby you can transform your sax into something more bespoke, something more loved, something more personalised! There are a lot of great brands out there, and plenty of classic models of sax with plenty to shout about, but sometimes the finishing touches can be very generic – standard orange Pisoni pads, plastic reflectors, white key inlays, regular neck screws, and so on. We are not proposing to improve the fundamental quality and design of these classic saxes, but merely to offer alternative custom options that make the saxophone unique to you.
The first Custom Shop sax I was presented with was a YAS-62 with black Roo pads, classy gold Maestro reflectors, plus beautifully crafted swirling red pearl inlays. I was extremely excited about how the very nature of this well-known sax would change. And sure enough, there was a noticeable change in tone, which was graded as I moved through the different dynamic ranges. At the quiet end of playing the sound had an extra depth, darkness and response. In the mid dynamic range, there was an overall added warmth and layering of the sound. And when pushing a lot of air through the sax there was some extra zing and projection on hand, undoubtedly assisted by the metal reflectors with their fancy shaped reflective surfaces. When switching back and forth between a regular YAS 62 and the customized version I realised that both versions are great, but just taking the sound in different directions – the original being more rounded and homogenous, and the custom version taking on an extra element of projection and spice.
The newly fitted red pearls, apart from looking great, are cut flat and for me gave a different technical feel from the concave ones offered by Yamaha. Of course, this is such a personal thing – many people will prefer the look and feel of traditional pearls, but equally others will be looking for something unique!
More than anything I really valued the feel of the Custom set-up. All the spring tensions had been evened out and lightened in equal measure. Some folks prefer a heavier set-up, more similar to what naturally comes straight from a manufacturer, but I love playing on light keywork – it gives me the ability and confidence to tackle any technical phrases without the feeling that I’m going to come un-stuck!
UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
EXPORT CUSTOMERS (Anyone outside the UK)
If you are an export customer outside the UK you DO NOT pay the 20% tax
Please bear in mind you may have to pay an import tax in your own country. Check with your local customs if you are unsure.
Easiest payment method is by major credit card or Paypal. We charge in UK Pounds less tax and your card company will convert to your local currency at the current rate.
We can quickly and efficiently ship to all international destinations. Simply add your items to the basket and proceed with the checkout to see how much it will cost you.
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All saxophones are shipped using an express, tracked and insured service. High value items such as microphones and mouthpieces are also sent using a tracked service. To ensure a cost-effective service, lower value items such as reeds are sent via standard mail without tracking.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We guarantee to do the utmost to ensure you make a well-informed choice. We continually test the latest products and review them on the website, so you can research before you buy.
For more personal help and advice please email or phone and we will be happy to answer all your questions
Phone: +44 1892 662533
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.