Trevor James - SR - Alto Saxophone - Frosted Black Nickel (BBF)
10% deposit of £155.50
9 monthly payments of £155.50
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £155.50
24 monthly payments of £61.27
Finance charges apply
Buy a Trevor James alto or tenor saxophone and receive one of the brand new Legere American Cut reeds! Worth £29.95! Offer available for a limited time only!
A perfect sax for student players looking to step up.
This frosted black nickel plated SR is designed and set up in the UK, and manufactured in Trevor James own overseas factories making it an intermediate sax that's extraordinarily good value for money with a very distinctive look.
Launched in January 2011 the Trevor James 'SR' range has been developed in close cooperation with sax players around the World including players such as Andy Sheppard. Using the hand built professional Signature Custom models as the template, the SR instruments have taken on many of the mechanism and crook features that were previously only available to professional players. The results are very free blowing saxophones with rich tonal characteristics.
Black nickel plating is more than just a look, it's an additional layer of resonant metal that adds some extra clarity to the tone. It is also lacquered to protect it's stunning looks and minimise cleaning.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Frosted black nickel plated body and keys
• Key Touches: Smokey Mother of Pearl
• Neck: SR neck
• Engraving: Engraved bell
• Case: Trevor James hard case
• Mouthpiece: Trevor James plastic
• Made in: Taiwan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: advancing students
Tonewise it's a very 'confident' blower, a sense of being very assured, very stable. The evenness across the range is extremely good, with just a nice bit of bloom down at the bottom end that really comes into its own when the horn is sub-toned.
Positively creamy. It's not without sparkle though, but it's a gentle sparkle ‐ not so much like the fizz you'd get from Champagne, rather it's the more subtle bubbles you'd find in a glass of freshly‐poured Guinness. And Guinness is a good analogy, it captures this horn's inherent laid‐back smokiness. You can pep up the fizz by putting a bright mouthpiece on this horn, and it will sing for you, but you'd be missing out on its forte ‐ it's got mainstream jazzer written all over it.... Stephen Howard (Author of the Haynes Saxophone Manual)
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
EXPORT CUSTOMERS (Anyone outside the UK)
If you are an export customer outside the UK you DO NOT pay the 20% tax
Please bear in mind you may have to pay an import tax in your own country. Check with your local customs if you are unsure.
Easiest payment method is by major credit card or Paypal. We charge in UK Pounds less tax and your card company will convert to your local currency at the current rate.
We can quickly and efficiently ship to all international destinations. Simply add your items to the basket and proceed with the checkout to see how much it will cost you.
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All saxophones are shipped using an express, tracked and insured service. High value items such as microphones and mouthpieces are also sent using a tracked service. To ensure a cost-effective service, lower value items such as reeds are sent via standard mail without tracking.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We guarantee to do the utmost to ensure you make a well-informed choice. We continually test the latest products and review them on the website, so you can research before you buy.
For more personal help and advice please email or phone and we will be happy to answer all your questions
Phone: +44 1892 662533
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.