Trevor James - Alphasax - Black Nickel With Gold Keys
Perfect for small students who find a regular alto sax too large and gold too traditional.
This black 'n' gold Alphasax by Trevor James is a full sized Eb alto saxophone designed for small hands so that younger players can now start 2 - 3 years earlier and weighing 33% less than most conventional models.
Made of brass and based on the award winning Trevor James 'The Horn,' the Alphasax has been designed in consultation with education professionals so that it can be used for the first three of the Associated Board Grade Examinations.
Supplied with the YOU CAN PLAY TOO saxophone tuition DVD (exclusive to Sax.co.uk)
TYPICAL PROBLEMS FOR A PLAYER WITH SMALL HANDS
• Some keys are impossible to avoid, making the instrument unplayable & other keys are impossible to reach.
• The weight can be too much for some young players (& some adults).
THE ALPHASAX SOLUTION
• Problematic keys have been removed or redesigned for extra comfort.
• The weight has been reduced by an amazing 33%.
• The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
• The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
• The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
• Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
• The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
• Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
• The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
• Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
The 'missing' keys are those at the extremes of the instrument's range that are not usually required until later on in the student's development. In all other respects the Alphasax plays and sounds like a conventional alto saxophone.
Features - Saxophones
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Black nickel plated
• Key Touches: White plastic
• Neck: The Horn
• Engraving: None
• Made in: Taiwan, set up in the UK
• Case: Trevor James hard shaped (lightweight) case with straps
• Mouthpiece: Trevor James plastic
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Students
What a great idea! Not wishing to blow my own sax here but it was mine; but it took Trevor James' design wizard Dave Farley to make it a reality. The Alphasax plays and sounds just like their award winning Horn Classic sax because that's what it is, with a few important tweaks to make it playable by smaller hands. After years of disappointing enthusiastic 6 - 8 years olds by telling them they were too small I can now point them towards the Alphasax. Phill (Sax.co.uk)