Signature Custom - Tenor Saxophone - RAW XS
- in stock
A great British sax that jazz players will love.
The Signature Custom range has established Trevor James as one of the World's finest saxophone makers. Designed and hand built in the UK, this Raw XS model features an unlacquered hand polished finish and an enlarged bell offering a bigger broader sound.
Hand built under the supervision of Trevor James' head technician Dave Farley at their UK headquarters, the Signature Custom range is one of the finest available.
The RAW XS has been developed following more than 12 months of testing, discussion and research with sax players around the world who wanted a genuine vintage sound and an aged look to their instrument. Unlike many others who simply apply an 'aged' finish to an existing model, the brass of the RAW XS is left in it's raw condition before being extensively hand polished.
The result?....An instrument with a broad palette of tonal colours, sound options and flexibility which is more personal, more advanced and unlike any other!
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Raw unlacquered hand polished
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Signature Custom neck
• Engraving: Engraved bow and bell
• Case: Trevor James rectangular ABS case
• Mouthpiece: None
• Made in: UK
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: All standards including professionals, especially those playing jazz, soul, rock & funk
I have just had a good blow on both alto and tenor versions of the Raw Brass model and can't believe how dynamic and expressive the sound is! There is a much greater texture and openness over and above the regular polished and lacquered finishes, and I think that Trevor James have discovered a formula that will speak volumes to many a jazz player! Jim (Sax.co.uk)