Selmer USA - La Vie AS240 - Alto Sax - Bronze - Special Offer
10% deposit of £154.90
9 monthly payments of £154.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £154.90
24 monthly payments of £61.03
Finance charges apply
This La Vie has had a small decorative bracket removed, this has letft a small mark on the body of the instrument (see photos).
The La Vie AS240 by Selmer (USA) is a saxophone that subtly stands out from the crowd in looks and features.
One of our favourites in it's class here at Sax.co, the La Vie is a sax with extra charisma or character - call it what you will, we like the La Vie. It plays beautifully, sounds good, looks a bit special and even has a high G key!
Recommended price £1800 and earmarked to be discontinued as they were just getting too expensive to produce. That was until we stepped in with a special deal for the UK! Now available again as a low volume production run exclusively from Sax.co.uk. If you want to upgrade your beginner's sax, get started on an exceptional first sax or buy a back-up sax - you won't find a better horn for the price.
The inclusion of a genuine Rousseau ebonite (hard rubber) mouthpiece is a huge bonus! Most student saxes are supplied with the least expensive plastic mouthpiece that soon needs upgrading. The Rousseau mouthpiece will assist you through the more awkward beginning stages and take you and your playing onto a higher level.
• Material: Brass Bell, Bronze Neck-Body-Bow
• Finish: Gold lacquer
• Key Touches: Simulated Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Selmer La Vie
• Engraving: Engraved bell
• Case: Stylish Selmer (USA) hard case
• Mouthpiece: Rousseau ebonite & Rovner Ligature
• Made in: Taiwan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Advancing students & better players on a budget
The Selmer ‘La Vie’ range hails from the American Conn connection and is a superb example of quality Taiwanese workmanship. OK, this isn’t a Parisian peach, but it does have a lot to shout about! Our samples had a very solid feel and were well built with superb attention to detail. The key
action on both instruments was very positive with firm springing and no “clanking"........ Both the AS250 and AS240 had good intonation and were easy to play........the red brass AS250 shone like a beacon, with a more flexible sound and great dynamics right through the range from pianissimo to fortissimo - there was generally a lot more guts to this instrument – a true jazzer!...... - Jazzwise.com
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we aim to deliver the following business day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.