Selmer Paris Series III Baritone Sax - Jubilee - Matt Gold (BGG)
10% deposit of £1,060.00
9 monthly payments of £1,060.00
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £1,060.00
24 monthly payments of £417.65
Finance charges apply
Looks really classy and quite understated in brushed gold, rather like a vintage sax.
A pure, clean sound with a bit more power and edge than your average bari, this one could easily fit into almost any musical context.
The SERIES III saxophone goes on writing the story of the Selmer Sound : free and centered, the instrument offers excellent playability. It responds to the slightest breath or tongue modulation so that you can really express your personality. Some new features such as the double C# mechanism help create stable overall tuning and a well-balanced high register.
WHAT WE SAY - The Series 3 is a fantastic instrument. It is so easy to play and really sings!! You can just relax into this instrument and like a good sports car almost drives itself!!! All the keys are in the right place and it sits very comfortably in the hands. Like the Series 2 it is a solid instrument and projection is wonderful. If you want a sax at this price then the Series 3 is the one!
The Super Action Series II is Selmer's most traditional saxophone with a more laid back feel. It is a little more resistant with a tone that does not dominate, allowing the player to tailor his own sound.
In celebration of 125 years of the famous Paris factory Selmer have issued some stunning new models. These Jubilee saxes feature a rich gold lacquer, a redesigned bell to bow brace & octave key, and some beautiful delicate floral engraving that wraps around the bell and incorporates the Henri Selmer signature.
Selmer Paris Flight Case
Selmer Paris S80 Mouthpiece
Selmer Paris Ligature & Cap
Selmer Paris Accssories Kit (Strap, Cloth, Swab, Cork Grease)
What a delight to play! From the moment I set air down this beast I knew I was dealing with a corker! It has that typical depth of tone that I associate with Selmer instruments, but more than that there is a smoothness and fluidity on hand, especially when skipping between registers – always an important plus point when dealing with baritone saxophones. Typical of Series III models, I find the tone to be more resonant than on the Series II – this can useful for more modern styles of music (pop/rock/funk/R&B etc) but, conversely, it will work for classical music so long as the correct choice of mouthpiece is used.
The intonation is spot-on, and the ergonomics feel extremely comfortable, as you would expect for an instrument of this value! The engraving is much more involved than on the Series II equivalent, including an engraved section up around the bow section. The sax also benefits from an integrated floor peg that attaches to the bell. If you don’t want to make use of it, don’t worry – it easily detaches, leaving two tidy little nubs that are permanently attached to the bell…altogether, a beauty of a sax!
fields of music. A pure, clean sound with a bit more power and edge than your average bari, this one could easily fit into almost any musical context. Exceptional quality engraving too... Jim@sax.co.uk
-In the French jeweller’s tradition, the new engraving, thinner thanks to an outline technique, decorates the bell and the bow, doubled on the ring by the original signature of the Founder.
- A new lacquer definition optimizes the quality of the play of light through shades of “gold” tone in the instrument’s reflection.
- The neck key is redesigned through a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines, thus becoming more elegant.
- In order to fulfil this new visual balance, the geometry of the “S” neck is imperceptibly modernized on a deep blue background even more recognizable.
- In keeping with a know-how of purely French manufacture, Selmer Paris signs its new “Series II” and “Series III” ranges with the seal of the essence of its difference.
Selmer Paris Saxophones
Since the creation of the Series 22 in 1921, Henri Selmer Paris has been one of the world's finest manufacturers of professional-level saxophones. Musicians who have performed on Selmer saxophones include John Coltrane, Michael Brecker, Rickey Ford, Ron Blake and Stan Getz.
Every sax players dream...a Selmer sax handmade in Paris. Instruments with class and character (and not a bad investment if you look at the second hand prices). Selmer (Paris) are generally regarded as the home of the saxophone having bought the original factory from Adolphe Sax. Most sax players consider the legendary Selmer Mark 6 as the best ever made. If you don't want to spend years and a great deal of money searching for a good Mark 6 then treat yourself to a new Reference sax!
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.