Rampone & Cazzani R1 Jazz Tenor Sax Two Voices (Silver/Brass)
10% deposit of £139.90
9 monthly payments of £139.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £139.90
24 monthly payments of £55.12
Finance charges apply
Solid Silver Bell; Brass Neck, Body & Bow; Brass Neck & Keys
"Two Voices" refers to the two metals and the bell engraving which is taken from an old painting depicting the two church bell towers of Quarna Sotto, where the saxes are made. Appropriately, this painting is called "Due Voci." A print of the painting signed by the engraver Claudio Zolla accompanies the saxophone.
These beautiful Italian saxophones are still made using techniques from the "golden age" of sax making and consequently share many of the same qualities of those sought after vintage classics.
The same family have been making instruments in the tiny village of Quarna Sotto high in the Italian alps for nearly 200 years, in the same workshop and even using some of the original tools! All the essential skills have been handed down to the current generation of 9 craftsmen, 6 of whom are family members.
No other manufacturer can boast such tradition and this manifests itself in instruments that ooze character. For this reason we have decided to stock more and list our Rampone saxes as individuals. It is not a case of some being better than others (they are all good!), just different. Each strike of the craftsman's hammer minutely changes the instrument's response so no two saxes are exactly the same.
The finest materials are used - red brass, bronze, copper, nickel silver and sterling silver. No lacquer is used allowing the instruments to resonate to their full potential. Brass instruments are plated with thick old fashioned 24ct gold or silver plating. Bells are hand beaten, the unique etched decoration is hand chiselled, an unrivalled choice of custom options........add to all this a large helping of pride & passion and you can see why more and more players are falling in love with Rampone & Cazzani saxophones.
• Material: Solid Silver Bell; Brass Neck, Body Bow & Keys
• Finish: Unlacquered
• Key Touches: Olive wood
• Neck: Rampone R1 Jazz
• Engraving: Special "Two Voices" hand chiselled bell decoration
• Case: Rampone deluxe shaped case
• Mouthpiece: Rampone ebonite mouthpiece
• Made in: Italy
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Serious sax players looking for something a little more individual
What can I say? I've been loving these horns each time I go to the Messe, and keep telling Claudio I shall pop into the factory in Italy with a view to buying one. But when I tried their new "Two Voices", I just kept coming back to it. The only saxophone more expensive at the show was their totally solid silver tenor, but it was the Two Voices I fell in love with, so I just had to buy it there and then before anyone else did. Pete Thomas (Cafe Saxophone)
"Quite simply, the Due Voci Rampone that arrived on Tuesday has blown me away. My overall opinion is it is the best modern tenor sax I have ever played. When I opened it the case is a beautiful mottled brown leather and the mechanism is good. The sax itself is a lovely shade and looks vintage already with its combination of silver and bronze body. The way it catches the light is quite stunning. My first impression was that it is a bit heavier than most tenors and the crook has an interesting shape. The key work looked a little clunky but it is obvious from the outset that this is a hand made instrument and not factory produced. The engraving is just lovely. The olive wood finger key touches give it a warm feel and look, really stunning. However once it’s hooked onto my strap its balance is just right and it hangs down perfectly whether you play to the side or in front. The slightly lower crook means you need to lift the sax out a little further or drop your head but you soon adjust to this. So let me get to the best bit. Once I started to play it was love at first hear. The first thing I noticed was the ease of getting a note. The richness of the tone and the penetration is incredible. I had to really slow down my breath because of how easily it played. I was able to get all the way from top to bottom almost without effort and it hit bottom B flat from anywhere on the sax with a ripe round rich tone. I also ventured up to the harmonics and this it managed beautifully. I’m not a great player but a keen enthusiast so I was amazed at how it really enhanced my playing immediately. The key work is excellent with good seals and surprisingly responsive. I just wanted to give you this feedback and to say thank you for giving me a beautiful instrument I am sure I will enjoy for years to come. Many thanks for helping me select the right instrument and the ordering process could not have been easier." - David Reade
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
EXPORT CUSTOMERS (Anyone outside the UK)
If you are an export customer outside the UK you DO NOT pay the 20% tax
Please bear in mind you may have to pay an import tax in your own country. Check with your local customs if you are unsure.
Easiest payment method is by major credit card or Paypal. We charge in UK Pounds less tax and your card company will convert to your local currency at the current rate.
We can quickly and efficiently ship to all international destinations. Simply add your items to the basket and proceed with the checkout to see how much it will cost you.
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All saxophones are shipped using an express, tracked and insured service. High value items such as microphones and mouthpieces are also sent using a tracked service. To ensure a cost-effective service, lower value items such as reeds are sent via standard mail without tracking.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We guarantee to do the utmost to ensure you make a well-informed choice. We continually test the latest products and review them on the website, so you can research before you buy.
For more personal help and advice please email or phone and we will be happy to answer all your questions
Phone: +44 1892 662533
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.