P Mauriat System 76 UL 2nd Edition Alto Sax - Unlacquered
10% deposit of £284.90
9 monthly payments of £284.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £284.90
24 monthly payments of £112.25
Finance charges apply
Perfect for players wanting the best qualities of a vintage classic in a brand new horn.
The System 76 is Vintage Personified. It is a true player’s horn, allowing you to find the voice within.
The System 76 alto has an increased bore and bell size, producing a warm full-bodied sound that plays in tune throughout the octaves. The keywork has been tweaked on this latest edition for improved playing comfort. It feels robust, yet has a smooth fluid action.
The unlacquered finish gives the player a more open, multi-layered and grittier tone. It has even more fine engraving which adorns the bell & bow and note the beautiful abalone shell key touches.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Unlacquered (UL)
• Key Touches: Genuine Abalone
• Neck: Super VI
• Engraving: Hand engraved bell, bow and neck
• Case: P.Mauriat black hard shaped case
• Mouthpiece: Mauriat plastic student mouthpiece
• Made in: Taiwan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Professionals, advancing students, vintage replacement
The System 76 Antique finish alto sax is a breath of fresh air!!! The tone quality is astonishing! I have had 4 sax players to ask me to let them play my horn! And of course I tell them, You have to go buy your own!!! Chris Jordan “The SaxDoctr”
System 76 gives me the best of both worlds. It is smooth and warm on the bottom end, but can also jump out and punch when you get on it. I really love the warm focussed tone of this horn and the ease of getting in and out of the altissimo register. I have just finished an original CD project and the System 76 sounds great on the recordings. Kevin Frazier
Care of Unlacquered Saxes
P. Mauriat, Yamaha, Yanagisawa, Forestone and Trevor James all produce some of their top models with an unlacquered option. The Signature Custom RAW and 66R-UL, in particular, are spectacular horns and quite noticeably different from their regular gold lacquered counterparts. Do note, however, that- as the metal has no protective lacquer, a sax like this will develop an aged look quite rapidly (which isn’t necessarily a problem- it can look superb, as anyone who’s seen Snake Davis’ Yanagisawas will testify). Though this can, to an extent- be slowed- it can’t be stopped entirely; an unlacquered horn will, over time, develop a vintage patina. That, in itself, isn’t a problem but if you’re looking for a shiny, new looking sax it’s not advisable to go down this route. Brass, by its very nature is quite matt in appearance- its only polishing and- in the case of lacquered instruments, the subsequent treatment of that polished surface that gives horns their shine
Quite frequently verdigris develops from spots of moisture left on the body of a sax though this is usually removable using a cotton bud and either lighter fluid or a drop of key oil (take extreme care if doing this to avoid the pads, either cleaning agent can cause damage here). While cleaning it is also very important to carefully check the tone holes as build ups of verdigris here would be an issue.
In short there’s a play off here- Mauriat 66R-ULs, Sig Custom RAWs etc are some of the best horns we sell but players should be aware they will age over time and an occasional clean up (especially round the keywork), is going to be necessary…
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £100 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.