P Mauriat PMXA-67RX UL Influence Alto Saxophone - Unlacquered
10% deposit of £379.90
9 monthly payments of £379.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £379.90
24 monthly payments of £149.68
Finance charges apply
A magnificent "stand out" sax with vintage appeal.
A true modern classic - the sax that inspired a generation of vintage style horns. This top of the range unlacquered (UL) Influence (X) model features solid nickel silver key touches for improved player feedback and extra resonance.
The solid nickel silver key touches featured on the Influence (X) model are unique in the world of professional saxes.
The Mauriat 67R made an enormous impression when it exploded on to the sax scene a few years ago - from some of the greatest players down, saxophonists immediately fell for its dramatic but versatile character. It elevated P.Mauriat to sit alongside the World's best sax makers. Described in reviews as the closest to the legendary Selmer Mk6 - praise indeed!
This Custom Class "Vintage Series" alto features an unlacquered finish (UL), rolled tone holes, beautiful abalone shell key touches and high F# key. The unlacquered look is in keeping with the vintage tone this model is famous for. The larger bell and lack of lacquer further encourages a full bodied, powerful tone.
It is rare to find rolled tone holes on a modern sax and these give a noticeably quieter key action and extended pad life.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Unlacquered
• Key Touches: Solid nickel silver
• Neck: Super Jazz VI
• Engraving: Hand engraved neck, body, bow and bell
• Case: Black shaped hard case
• Mouthpiece: Mauriat plastic mouthpiece
• Made in: Taiwan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Professionals, advancing students, players preferring a more vintage look and sound
The 67R has one of the biggest sounds around with its enlarged bell and now they've removed the lacquer and added metal key touches so the biggest just got bigger! I must to confess to being a little sceptical about the metal key touches but wow, they do make a difference! More metal = more resonance and there is even more body and power here, especially noticeable in the higher registers plus they feel and look great. Phill (Sax.co.uk)
I was looking for an alto with a lot of personality and attitude and I have found those qualities in the 67R. Hats off to P Mauriat for making such an incredible saxophone. Darren Rahn
My P Mauriat PMXA 67R is a real pleasure to play. My sound has opened up since I started playing it and I can hear a richness, fullness and depth that with practise I can get from this superbly made instrument. Nathaniel Facey
My PMXA 67R is a true work of art and a joy to play. It is easily the best alto that I have played in my 35-year-plus musical career. Whether it is playing behind the Four Tops and Temptations, or blending with an orchestra, the PMXA 67R has proven to be reliable and a joy on which to perform. Farrell Vernon
Care of Unlacquered Saxes
P. Mauriat, Yamaha, Yanagisawa, Forestone and Trevor James all produce some of their top models with an unlacquered option. The Signature Custom RAW and 66R-UL, in particular, are spectacular horns and quite noticeably different from their regular gold lacquered counterparts. Do note, however, that- as the metal has no protective lacquer, a sax like this will develop an aged look quite rapidly (which isn’t necessarily a problem- it can look superb, as anyone who’s seen Snake Davis’ Yanagisawas will testify). Though this can, to an extent- be slowed- it can’t be stopped entirely; an unlacquered horn will, over time, develop a vintage patina. That, in itself, isn’t a problem but if you’re looking for a shiny, new looking sax it’s not advisable to go down this route. Brass, by its very nature is quite matt in appearance- its only polishing and- in the case of lacquered instruments, the subsequent treatment of that polished surface that gives horns their shine
Quite frequently verdigris develops from spots of moisture left on the body of a sax though this is usually removable using a cotton bud and either lighter fluid or a drop of key oil (take extreme care if doing this to avoid the pads, either cleaning agent can cause damage here). While cleaning it is also very important to carefully check the tone holes as build ups of verdigris here would be an issue.
In short there’s a play off here- Mauriat 66R-ULs, Sig Custom RAWs etc are some of the best horns we sell but players should be aware they will age over time and an occasional clean up (especially round the keywork), is going to be necessary…
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
EXPORT CUSTOMERS (Anyone outside the UK)
If you are an export customer outside the UK you DO NOT pay the 20% tax
Please bear in mind you may have to pay an import tax in your own country. Check with your local customs if you are unsure.
Easiest payment method is by major credit card or Paypal. We charge in UK Pounds less tax and your card company will convert to your local currency at the current rate.
We can quickly and efficiently ship to all international destinations. Simply add your items to the basket and proceed with the checkout to see how much it will cost you.
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All saxophones are shipped using an express, tracked and insured service. High value items such as microphones and mouthpieces are also sent using a tracked service. To ensure a cost-effective service, lower value items such as reeds are sent via standard mail without tracking.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We guarantee to do the utmost to ensure you make a well-informed choice. We continually test the latest products and review them on the website, so you can research before you buy.
For more personal help and advice please email or phone and we will be happy to answer all your questions
Phone: +44 1892 662533
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.