Mauriat PMSA-185 Alto Saxophone - Gold Lacquer
10% deposit of £119.90
9 monthly payments of £119.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £119.90
24 monthly payments of £47.24
Finance charges apply
P Mauriat have come up trumps with another quality intermediate sax. It has been designed as a more affordable option for those players who are looking to step up to the next level beyond their student horns. Even at this price point P Mauriat have managed to deliver their trademark beauty of tone!
The 185 alto model has a consistency of build quality throughout all the main aspects; a robust key mechanism, a smooth action, ribbed body construction, metal pad reflectors and well thought out ergonomics. Tone-wise it is clearly honing in on the warmth and beauty of tone that P Mauriat saxes are well known for, but without the same top-end power as the upper series models.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Clear Lacquer
• Key Touches: Simulated Mother of Pearl
• Neck: P Mauriat
• Engraving: Basic engraving
• Case: Shaped Case with Backpack Straps
• Mouthpiece: Manufactures Own
• Made in: Taiwan
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Advancing students.
The intermediate saxophone is an area often ignored, and I find there are only one or two I can shout about – two solid examples would be the TJ EVO sax and the Conn Selmer 200 model. Here is another one to join the party and, for me, really lean on the warmth-of-tone side of things. In comparison to the EVO model (which I find to have a very free, crisp and sailing tone) the 185 draws out more of a luscious and weighty tonality.
It comes from the same sound scape of the flagship P Mauriat models, but as you may expect, without the complete harmonic spectrum and absolute power. That said, at this price this sax is extremely impressive! Even with the metal pad reflectors the overall vibe is one of mellowness. The key ergonomics are natural and intuitive, with no nasty surprises in the action. Great job P Mauriat!
UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS
EXPORT CUSTOMERS (Anyone outside the UK)
If you are an export customer outside the UK you DO NOT pay the 20% tax
Please bear in mind you may have to pay an import tax in your own country. Check with your local customs if you are unsure.
Easiest payment method is by major credit card or Paypal. We charge in UK Pounds less tax and your card company will convert to your local currency at the current rate.
We can quickly and efficiently ship to all international destinations. Simply add your items to the basket and proceed with the checkout to see how much it will cost you.
Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All saxophones are shipped using an express, tracked and insured service. High value items such as microphones and mouthpieces are also sent using a tracked service. To ensure a cost-effective service, lower value items such as reeds are sent via standard mail without tracking.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We guarantee to do the utmost to ensure you make a well-informed choice. We continually test the latest products and review them on the website, so you can research before you buy.
For more personal help and advice please email or phone and we will be happy to answer all your questions
Phone: +44 1892 662533
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.