JodyJazz HR* - Baritone Sax Mouthpiece
What Is the HR* Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The HR* is a hard rubber saxophone mouthpiece aimed at professionals and students looking for a traditional versatile mouthpiece. High quality control standards, a beautiful warm sound and a nice free blowing feel make these new mouthpieces amazing players. We feel that this mouthpiece may be the best hard rubber Baritone saxophone mouthpiece on the market.
Warmth & Beauty
The Hard Rubber is from a source in Germany and has the look, feel and sound of vintage hard rubber sax mouthpieces that make some of the most sought after mouthpieces. The mouthpieces are faced on a special facing machine and then meticulously hand finished and play tested. The HR* Baritone Sax mouthpiece is manufactured from solid bar stock of hard rubber on a 5 axis CNC Mill and then meticulously hand finished and play tested.
Three Goals in Creating the HR* Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
1. To offer the most traditional style of jazz saxophone mouthpiece: round chamber - hard rubber, and demand and obtain the most rigorous quality control possible.
2. To create a free blowing hard rubber mouthpiece that allows the lowest and highest notes to speak with equal ease.
3. To make a hard rubber sax mouthpiece that can sound beautiful, but also give good strong projection when necessary.
The HR* Baritone sax mouthpiece is a round chamber mouthpiece which provides a round sound in contrast to a more focused sound which a square chamber provides. This allows the HR* to sound very pretty and the medium chamber allows the piece to have very good projection when pushed.
Players who now or in the past have played Otto Link, Meyer, Berg Larsen, Vandoren, Yanigisawa, or any of the straight ahead hard rubber Jazz mouthpieces out there will be sure to love the JodyJazz HR*. The differences come from our particular facing curve, the exact size and shape of the chamber and our commitment to quality control.
I have found that many players who have been playing a hard rubber Baritone sax mouthpiece for many years are in need of a replacement (due to wear and tear) and do not know where to turn. We have had many, many converts who came from playing the most popular hard rubber Jazz pieces. These players are almost always surprised at the quality and consistency of JodyJazz hard rubber Baritone mouthpieces.
What Does The HR* Do?
• Beautiful Warm Tone
• Free Blowing
• Reed Friendly
• Blends Well
• Power and Projection
• Traditional to Modern Sound
How Does The HR* Do It?
• Genuine Hard Rubber Formula
• Round Medium Chamber
• Even Rails & Tip
• CNC Machined
• Unparalleled Quality Control
• Hand Finished Baffle, Tip Rail and Table
• Play tested by Jody Espina
Special Notes on The HR* Baritone Saxophone Mouthpiece
Expect the JodyJazz HR* Baritone sax mouthpiece to play just slightly brighter than traditional Otto Links and Meyers. This is due to the slightly smaller chamber. Many different sounds are possible on the JodyJazz HR* hard rubber Baritone mouthpieces.
For example: For Classical playing try #5 model with a relatively hard reed.
For a sound similar to Gerry Mulligan use a HR* 6 or 7 with a medium strength reed. Play softly and you will hear that beautiful sound with a hint of air in it.
For a sound more like Ronnie Cuber try a 7, 8 or 9 with a brighter reed, like a good synthetic or a Rico Plasticover, to get that nice intensity to the sound. (These are just the broadest suggestions. The real answer about sound is for you to experiment and find out what works for you.)
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.