Ex-Hire - Trevor James - Alphasax Gold
10% deposit of £43.90
9 monthly payments of £43.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £43.90
24 monthly payments of £17.30
Finance charges apply
This sax has been out on hire for three months - reduced 20%
Perfect for small students who find a regular alto sax too large.
The gold lacquer Alphasax by Trevor James is a full sized Eb alto saxophone designed for small hands so that younger players can now start 2 - 3 years earlier and weighing 33% less than most conventional models.
Made of brass and based on the award winning Trevor James 'The Horn,' the Alphasax has been designed in consultation with education professionals so that it can be used for the first three of the Associated Board Grade Examinations.
Supplied with the YOU CAN PLAY TOO saxophone tuition DVD (exclusive to Sax.co.uk)
TYPICAL PROBLEMS FOR A PLAYER WITH SMALL HANDS
• Some keys are impossible to avoid, making the instrument unplayable & other keys are impossible to reach.
• The weight can be too much for some young players (& some adults).
THE ALPHASAX SOLUTION
• Problematic keys have been removed or redesigned for extra comfort.
• The weight has been reduced by an amazing 33%.
• The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
• The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
• The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
• Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
• The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
• Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
• The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
• Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
The 'missing' keys are those at the extremes of the instrument's range that are not usually required until later on in the student's development. In all other respects the Alphasax plays and sounds like a conventional alto saxophone.
Also available to hire.
Features - Saxophones
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Gold Lacquered Brass
• Key Touches: White plastic
• Neck: The Horn
• Engraving: None
• Case: Trevor James hard shaped (lightweight) case with straps
• Mouthpiece: Trevor James plastic
• Made in: Taiwan, set up in the UK
• 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Students
What a great idea! Not wishing to blow my own sax here but it was mine; but it took Trevor James' design wizard Dave Farley to make it a reality. The Alphasax plays and sounds just like their award winning Horn Classic sax because that's what it is, with a few important tweaks to make it playable by smaller hands. After years of disappointing enthusiastic 6 - 8 years olds by telling them they were too small I can now point them towards the Alphasax. Phill (Sax.co.uk)
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at email@example.com or 01892662533.