Eppelsheim Eb Tubax Contrabass Saxophone
10% deposit of £2,199.90
9 monthly payments of £2,199.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £2,199.90
24 monthly payments of £866.78
Finance charges apply
Please phone or email us for finance options.
Xtreme Saxes by Benedikt Eppelsheim in Germany. Each and every component is handcrafted by Benedikt to the highest standard resulting in a very special instrument that oozes quality. Decorated with fine engraving.
Low Bb to high F#, new high register key, 3 automatic octave keys, uses baritone or bass mouthpiece, narrow bore for less air consumption, brass with old gold lacquer. With light case, mouthpiece & tools.
- range Bb 3-F#6, sounding Db1-A 3
- additional altissimo register key to written D 7, sounding F 4
- 1 octave below the baritone saxophone
- baritone saxophone mouthpiece
- 3 automatic speaker keys
- narrow bore for less air consumption and a reasonable overall height (114 cm = 45 inches) by a completely new body design
-same fingering as any modern saxophone
"I am still on a high from playing this AMAZING instrument!! All I can say, without trying to exaggerate too much, is that this horn is brilliant! Before even playing it you have to admire it's sheer beauty as an object. The lacquer colour is a gorgeous deep gold and there is a beautifully worked engraving down the length of the bell.
A baritone mouthpiece of any kind fits very nicely on to the slender neck, and so far our brief experimentation has led us to believe that an Otto Link metal baritone piece (tip opening 8 in this case) with a Rico Royal no. 2.5 gives a nice big bellowing sound. For me the most fascinating thing about this horn is that, for a piece of tubing that must be around 12 foot in total (when un-coiled) it produces the most free-blowing sound! Credit must be due to Benedict Epplesheim for engineering a horn that utilizes a very narrow bore thus allowing the player to play with huge dynamic control. I honestly found the playing experience enormous fun but relatively easy in terms of note production.
It has to be said that the quality of build and engineering on this horn is simply superb! When playing it there's a real feeling of complete solidarity and utter precision in the keywork and mechanism - even down to keywork features such as the right-hand side keys that are operated by an extremely slick counter-balanced rocker mechanism. The sax got shipped to us in an equally well designed and hugely protective case - obviously this is something that Benedict takes seriously as he is shipping these fine horns all round the world (although he has only made a small handful!) and I'm sure that he wants them to arrive in the same perfectly set-up playing order that it left his workshop in Munich! Well, the answer to this one is, yes, the sax just feels like it is set-up just perfectly - you can just tell! Another thing to mention and praise is the intonation. Without getting a tuner out (I'm not sure if it would pick up the gruff tones down in the low end) you can just hear that the pitch all lines up perfectly. Octaves feel solid, diatonic intervals feel and sound bang-on as you run up and down various scales.
Wowzers, this sax costs a lot of money, but I tell you what - if I had some kind of lucky inheritance come my way I'd love to have one in my music room!" Jim@sax.co.uk
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.