Conn-Selmer Avant DSS 180 - Curved Soprano Sax
10% deposit of £119.90
9 monthly payments of £119.90
Interest free finance
24 month finance 4.9 APR
10% deposit of £119.90
24 monthly payments of £47.24
Finance charges apply
A reliably built curved soprano made by a manufacturer with a combined 100 years of prestige in instrument manufacturing!
The Conn-Selmer DSS-180 curved soprano provides players with the perfect entry point to the world of sopranos. Ergonomic key work and rock solid construction makes for a very comfortable playing experience. The strong composition of the horn makes intonation throughout the horn easy to control and manipulate. The horn also boasts a flared bell, allowing the sound to project further and punch through.
The Conn-Selmer DSS-180 Curved Soprano comes in a stylish Conn-Selmer hard case, accompanied with a Rousseau JDX Jazz Model mouthpiece, completing what is already a very affordable and desirable package.
· Material: Yellow Brass
· Finish: Clear Lacquer
· Key Touches: Synthetic Mother of Pearl
· Neck: Two Piece - Straight and Curved
· Engraving: Engraved Bell
· Case: Conn-Selmer Hard Case with Backpack Straps
· Mouthpiece: Rousseau JDX Jazz Model Ebonite
· Made in: Taiwan
· 9 Month Interest Free Finance Available on this Product
· Free Professional Set Up & Free Check Over Within A Year
· Recommended for: Students, First Soprano
"The Conn-Selmer DSS-180 Curved Soprano delivers on the quality and playability expected from its prestigious name. The horn has a tangible quality that makes it a joy to pick up and play. With regards to curved sopranos, one sometimes finds the bend in the horn makes the intonation slightly tricksy, but after spending some time with the horn you soon find where to place your notes and then you’re firing on all cylinders on a sweet and versatile sounding horn that packs a punch thanks to the flared bell!
I would recommend this horn to students as a first curved soprano with no reservation, as well as hobbyists and enthusiasts looking for a great, affordable curved soprano. However, if you’re looking to take the next step in your soprano playing career I wouldn’t advise this for you, as although this is a fantastic entry level piece, it is still an entry level piece." - Michael (Sax.co.uk)
Free Professional Setup
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at Sax.co.uk we know that when you buy a sax, our pro set up is absolutley essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum peformance.
In addition, all new saxophones purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.
Our 12-Step Checkover:
• All transit packing and corks from the manufacturer are removed.
• Thorough visual check for any imperfections in the finish, includes unlacquered saxophones.
• All pads checked for quality.
• All pad seatings checked using leak lights and traditional feeler paper methods.
• Regulation checked and adjusted.
• All key corks and felts checked, adjusted to set vent heights.
• All spring tensions checked and adjusted to create an even feel across the instrument.
• Neck fitting checked.
• Crook cork checked for cork quality and provided mouthpiece fits.
• Thorough playtest from top to bottom, including alternate fingerings.
• Case inspected for quality, instrument fit and accessories.
• Instrument cleaned and carefully repacked.
- Free 1st Class Delivery on all orders over £75 to UK MAINLAND
- Free Next Working day Delivery on all Saxophones to UK MAINLAND (excluding hire saxophones)
- Competitive International Shipping Rates
We deliver your order right away. Orders received before 2pm are normally shipped the same day. International orders are generally received in under 7 days.
We have a massive selection of goods, although If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to choose an alternative or cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Postage Prices Outside of the UK
Simply add your desired products to the shopping cart, choose your shipping destination and the website will automatically assign your postage to the shopping cart.
UK Shipping Guide
Listed below is a guide to our UK Mainland shipping charges.
|Category||Royal Mail 1st Class||Special Next Day||Special Next Day (by 12pm)|
Postage Within The UK
Royal Mail First Class (Default Shipping)
First Class Delivery aims to deliver within 1 to 3 days of postage but do bear in mind larger items are likely to need hand delivery (sax stands don't fit through letter boxes).Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day)
If your order is placed before 2pm and is in stock we promise to deliver next day. If an Item is not in stock we will refund your additional postage costs and deliver as soon as the goods are available. Over 2kg we use a mixture of regular post (low value items such as bags and heavier stands) & various couriers (usually DPD or UPS) depending on location and value.
Postage Within The EU
Anything under 2kg ships with Royal Mail. Orders amounting to over about £50 ship using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Orders over 2kg ship with various courier services- again, usually UPS or Fedex.
Rest Of The World
Any order under 2kg ships in the regular mail (unless otherwise requested at time of ordering). Higher value shipments are sent using a signed for and, if necessary, insured postal service. Heavier items ship by courier - again, we tend to use UPS or Fedex. Please note that, should you want smaller orders by courier (an advisable security measure in some countries) please specify clearly when ordering. This will often incur a higher shipping price which we may have to cover by sending a paypal invoice.
For any order which has shipped with tracking: the full tracking information can be checked using the "my orders" section on our website (a link is on your initial order confirmation).
If you're based overseas and would like more information on shipping including customs duty, please read our Based Overseas guide located here.
If you wish to return products purchased on our website please follow the guidance below.
Goods purchased online from www.sax.co.uk can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (Reeds, mouthpieces etc). Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
Please print and complete returns document found here: Return Document and include it inside your package.
- You must obtain a receipt with tracking information from the Post Office or chosen courier service. This can be used to track the item(s) that you are returning. We cannot accept liability for returned goods that we don’t receive or for those that get damaged in transit on their return.
- In all cases, (except where an item is faulty) the item(s) returned must be in its original and saleable condition. This includes all original packaging that must be undamaged and intact.
- All goods will be inspected on return. Where we have to make reductions in price to facilitate re-sale, you will be notified and the cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please ensure you package them up well to prevent any damage or loss during shipping.
- The initial postage and packaging charge is non refundable.
We aim process refunds 24 hours of receipt. If you do not see your original payment method credited within ten days please contact us.
Please send all returns to the following address:
SAX.CO.UK RETURNS DEPARTMENT
If you have any difficulty or have any other queries regarding our returns policy, our customer services will be able to assist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01892662533.