The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme
- Read below to check you qualify for the scheme.
- Choose your sax and note the price excluding vat.
- Pay your school and ask them to fax us with an immediate order.
- We will deliver to the school often by the next working day.
The scheme allows pupils to purchase instruments at the ex. VAT price through their school or Local Education Authority.
In order to benefit from this scheme, instrument orders for music pupils should be placed by the school or Local Education Authority. The School or Local Education Authority will purchase the instrument from us, and pay the VAT. However, the VAT can subsequently re-claimed by them, and hence the pupil can be charged the ex VAT amount. Instruments ordered in this way must be delivered to the school address.
Please note that the instrument should be for the pupil as part of their training, and thus must be appropriate. The pupil must be in full time education and be receiving appropriate musical tuition as part of their curriculum within the school, the instrument must be portable (otherwise it is deemed to be for the school and not the pupil) and the pupil must not be charged more than the ex.VAT price.
HM Customs RULES:
The Procedure has been reviewed and approved by H.M. Customs and Excise and in September 1994 by the VAT office.
A number of conditions have to be fulfilled, of which the following is a brief summary.
- The student must be in full time education at a Local Education Authority School.
- The student must be receiving instrumental tuition from a county employed instrumental teacher as part of the school curriculum.
- The instrument must be portable.
- The instrument must be appropriate for the pupil's needs.
- The instrument must be handed to the pupil in a designated teaching room.
- The instrument must be charged to the pupil at, or below, the cost to the school or LEA (excluding VAT).
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PHONE US ON 01892 662533 FOR ANY QUERIES OR HELP PURCHASING THROUGH THE AIPS SCHEME.